Reasonable price for a pair of shutters

Old 05-31-22, 04:14 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Reasonable price for a pair of shutters

We're looking to replace the shutters on our house (three pair). From everything I've read, PVC shutters seem to be the way to go. We have vinyl siding. I'm not sure what material our existing shutters are. All I can tell you is they don't withstand a pressure washer too well (long story short, I was pressure washing one of them with fogged up goggles and thought I was seeing dirt when in fact I was seeing part of the shutter damaged from the pressure washer. Ooops lol)

My wife is balking at spending around $2000 for PVC shutters, but that seems to be a fair price from what I'm seeing. I'd like to hear what others think about PVC shutters and the cost I'm being quoted for three pair. They measure 14 1/2 x 62 1/2 x 1.

Thanks,

Andy

Old 05-31-22, 04:43 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,572 Votes on 1,413 Posts
It depends on the shutters you choose. It's sort of like asking us "what's the price of a car".

Old 05-31-22, 05:03 PM
Received 952 Votes on 864 Posts
A pair of vinyl shutters is probably less than a $100, where the heck are you seeing shutters at that cost?

Old 05-31-22, 06:23 PM
H
We're looking at PVC shutters, not vinyl (our house has vinyl siding). Two of the sites I'm looking at are:

eliteshuttersnc.com and www.exteriorshuttersource.com

These are just standard, raised panel exterior shutts (but made from PVC, which is supposed to be better than the other types, such as vinyl, wood or wood composite). And they come with at least a 15 year warranty (some with a limited lifetime warranty).

Old 05-31-22, 10:50 PM
Group Moderator
Received 2,977 Votes on 2,686 Posts
It appears the the price of PVC shutters is all over the place and generally expensive.
They even charge for paint. The price you got is not that far out of line.

PVC shutters

Old 06-02-22, 10:15 AM
H
After posting, I finally narrowed it down to the following two companies. They sell the same brand (Mid-America) at the same price. I'll probably end up going with Larson. They had reviews on their website (yes, I know to be suspect of reviews on a company's website, but they appeared to be legit since they weren't all dates close together and weren't all 5-star reviews):

https://www.larsonshutter.com/
https://www.exteriorshuttersource.com

We'll be going with the raised panel vinyl shutters:

Mid-America Standard Size Decorative Vinyl Shutters

These shutters have the following qualities:
  • UV stabilized
  • color molded-through
  • One solid, molded piece (some custom vinyl shutters are made my somehow bonding pieces together, but the raised panel shutters are a single, molded piece)
  • Made from polypropylene

Thanks,

Andy

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: