Plycem Cement Board - Allura

Old 06-30-22, 08:20 AM
W
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Plycem Cement Board - Allura

A couple of years ago, I started replacing soffit and fascia. I chose Plycem cement board because of the 25 year warranty. I'm now moving to the backside of my home to continue replacing soffit and fascia. I bought the product at Mendards. I no longer can find Plycem cement board on Mendard's website. I Googled Plycem and see Allura popping up. It appears they're one in the same now? Is anyone familiar with Plycem cement boards and whether or not they're the same line of product now? The Allura product has only a 15 year warranty.

Old 06-30-22, 08:24 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,534 Votes on 1,378 Posts
Companies are constantly getting bought and sold... your siding is probably special order. As long as it matches the texture, that's about all you can hope for. You'd probably have to go to a store and get a sample.

https://www.menards.com/main/buildin...43-c-13382.htm

Old 06-30-22, 11:58 AM
W
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I contacted a company rep I spoke with a couple of years ago, the product is the same. Plycem was the name of Allura's fiber cement board line of products. Allura decided to rename their fiber cement boards to match the siding name (Allura). The rep said they adjusted the warranty to be more inline with the industry standard but product did not change.

Old 06-30-22, 01:53 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,534 Votes on 1,378 Posts
Good info. 👍

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: