Cutting cement fiber side out from porch

Old 08-02-22, 02:28 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cutting cement fiber side out from porch

I have fiber cement siding installed around 2010, later built a wrap around porch. Post where installed over the fiber cement siding. On the covered porch side of the house I removed a larger window, and installed a gas fireplace inside.

I know have a gap in my siding where the window used to be. Instead of trying to find the siding (which is no longer available at the building supply I purchased it from.) Id like to remove the remaining siding from the porch and replace it with wood plank.

My question is, what tool do I use to cut along the porch post into the siding to get a clean edge without damaging the post or cutting too deep into the exterior wall?!

I tried and oscillating tool but it is taking a long time and I feel like Ill be going through a bunch of blades.

There must be a better tool out there.

Old 08-02-22, 05:02 PM
Group Moderator
Received 2,944 Votes on 2,657 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Can't quite envision what you are doing. Can you post a picture for us.............. How to insert pictures.

Old 08-02-22, 05:31 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,527 Votes on 1,371 Posts
Best tool to cut flush would be a toekick saw but you will burn up several blades cutting the fiber cement. You might just try a grinder and diamond wheel and be careful to only cut through the siding and not to cut too deep.

Old 08-03-22, 04:42 AM
H

I want to cut a straight edge along this post to remove siding inside porch.

Where I already tried to cut

Old 08-03-22, 05:55 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,527 Votes on 1,371 Posts
Looks like James Hardie siding to me. Available almost anywhere (except where you got it apparently).

Old 08-03-22, 06:47 AM
H
Where I live-remote and rural. Options are limited to what our small building supply is willing to order.The building supply had stocked this temporarily and I purchased when they decided to no longer carry the product at a nice discount. To order elsewhere Id have to drive hours and pay too much for special order and a longer wait for product. I have the wood available and free.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: