New Holland TC-30 Tractor hose replacement

Old 11-16-10, 12:06 PM
New Holland TC-30 Tractor hose replacement

Can anyone give me instruction for replacing the front hoses that attach to the bucket? I've tried to unscrew the fittings but they did not budge so I stopped because I did not want to shear off anything. I cannot tell which fitting I should unscrew.
Thanks,
Bob

Last edited by Gunguy45; 11-16-10 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Deleted Email for your protection from spammers
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-10, 12:45 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Mods will delete your email address. Not a good idea. Welcome to the forums! Have you released the pressure on the hydraulics? Let down the bucket to the ground so there is no pressure on the hoses. Do you not have quick disconnects at the manifold on the tractor? That would be the easiest place to disconnect them. Are you trying to walk out from under the bucket, or do repairs to the hydraulics? You have the hoses to the individual side pistons for the bucket, and those that work the knuckles.

Old 11-16-10, 01:32 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
A pic might help us understand just what you have and allow us to help you better.
http://forum.doityourself.com/electr...your-post.html

I've replaced every hydraulic hose on my tractor at least once. There should be fitting after the end of the hose that allows the hose to spin. You need to put a wrench on it [to hold it] and then the other wrench to turn the fitting on the hose ...... or maybe it's the other way around

As Larry said, you need to release the pressure [lower the bucket] or you'll get sprayed when you break the hose loose Most of my lines didn't get replaced until after they busted

Old 11-16-10, 01:45 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
The last time I had one bust on a back hoe, I felt a warm sensation on my right ankle, looked down and thought I'd been cut. Red fluid pumping all over me. False alarm.
And Mark's right, the airquip connectors require two wrenches (big ones) as one will free spin the other one.