Burned Tree Ash Suggestions

Old 10-10-20, 02:51 PM
D
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 48 Votes on 41 Posts
Burned Tree Ash Suggestions

Hurricane Laura came through my place as a CAT 2 & brought down about 8 trees, mostly hickory. Insurance (SF) doesnt cover downed trees nor do they cover removal of downed trees. So, I gotta get rid of them. Everyone else within 3 states also had trees down. No one needs firewood obviously. You can't give it away. Even people who sell fire wood wont come get it. So, I had to cut it up & burn it. Now I have a huge pile of burned up tree ash. Any suggestions on what to do with this pile of ash? Is it good for anything?

I still have two huge trunks, one whole tree & some huge limbs out of a couple other trees to cut up & burn.
Then last night, Hubert, Hose, Hugo or whomever came through & took out at least 11 more trees. I haven't been able to get a clear, specific number yet because some are laying on others. Fortunately, most of these were in a little wooded strip along the border of the property about 75 ft wide. Unfortunately, some fell into the yard. I still have to get them cleaned up, regardless.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-20, 03:27 PM
Group Moderator
Received 722 Votes on 668 Posts
You could make lots of lye and with lard make soap...

Old 10-10-20, 04:24 PM
D
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 48 Votes on 41 Posts
I wish I could fill some of these holes where the trees uprooted, but I know that wont work. I wondered if it would be any good for fertilizer or some minerals etc for a garden spot.
I could mix it with a little clay & food coloring & make some war paint.

Oh & it was Delta that came through last night.. I just couldnt get it out earlier.

Maybe it would be good for my memory somehow.

Old 10-10-20, 05:29 PM
S
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
If there is any ash remaining after making the Lye Soap advertise and sell it as Laying Hen Dust Bath. Those that appreciate fresh eggs and have a flock of laying hens will be lined up at your door, that is if they know a damned thing about chicken lice and mites.