Venetian plaster feels & looks like marble

Old 02-18-05, 01:13 PM
kcjefres
Visiting Guest
Venetian plaster feels & looks like marble

I went to Baja and the place we stayed in had wall finishes with plaster but they were very shiny and smooth as if it was polished marble. The salesperson told me he saw the artist polished it with car wax. Does anyone know how to apply this method

Last edited by prowallguy; 02-18-05 at 01:23 PM. Reason: sorry, no email links allowed
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-05, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
sounds like REAL venetian plaster. it's really shiny & hard, and finished with wax.

Old 03-18-05, 06:38 AM
Venetian Plaster and wax

Venetian Plaster,both the synthetic and the imported version can be waxed. I use Liberon wax, but there is several others out there.
If you need help with VP just let me know I would be more than happy to post some advice! And yes you can do it yourself and make it look just like the walls you saw or even better!

Last edited by VPlasterman; 03-18-05 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-22-05, 09:12 AM
kelanddc
Visiting Guest
How to Do it

Hello,
Just joined up and saw the posts about how to make our own venitian plaster and would love to! So I am all ears.. and eyes
Thanks!

Old 03-22-05, 12:26 PM
Mature Lime putty- Marble dust very fine- Modifiers. Thats it and you can make your own. Ratios are common on the web.
Have fun!

Old 05-12-05, 11:06 PM
Shellbell
Visiting Guest
Talking Venetian Plaster

I used a product from Home Depot by Behr called Venetian Plaster. It looks fantastic and is very affordable. I don't know how to describe it, but is goes on in two separate coats (I'd do three next time), then it is sanded, then burnished. The sanding makes it flat and gives a dusty look; the burnishing gives the polish on the areas that remain slightly raised, leaving a hint of the dusty part. I'm very proud of it and would highly recommend it. I am very interested in other, more authentic methods but didn't have the time to really research it. Good luck. Shellbell.

Old 06-08-05, 07:04 AM
Venetian Plaster

You should see what 20 coats of Behr Venetian plaster looks like! We usally suggest 4-5 min.

Old 08-17-05, 09:34 PM
derina
Visiting Guest
Question

Originally Posted by VPlasterman
Venetian Plaster,both the synthetic and the imported version can be waxed. I use Liberon wax, but there is several others out there.
If you need help with VP just let me know I would be more than happy to post some advice! And yes you can do it yourself and make it look just like the walls you saw or even better!
I just completed and old world VP technique I learned many years ago before VP became popular again. But I can't find a wax anywhere. Only the arcylic topcoat Behr offers. I don't want to use that. But need something affordable.

Please help

Old 08-18-05, 06:40 AM
Venetian plaster

Trewax works the same as Liberon wax, it cost about $5 a can at Ace,or you local Market. Old world VP huh.? ........ah got any pictures of that? Where did you learn that>?

Old 09-28-05, 09:43 PM
niner49
Visiting Guest
Question

Hi,
I'm new to the forum! Can someone please tell me how I would use mica powders with VP? Would I mix it with the wax? What kind of wax? And how is it applied?

I appreciate the help..thanks!

Also I'm located in the Toronto Canada...where would I buy this stuff???

Old 12-14-05, 04:45 PM
azneire
Visiting Guest
Venetian Plaster Wax

Again here we are with the wax. Do a search on internet for Marmorino Venetian Plaster wax or liquid wax and you will come up with plenty of suppliers of Marseilles soap paste wax and Liquid Beeswax for Venetian plaster. Hope this helps.!

Old 01-29-06, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by VPlasterman

I would love any material you could send me or you can post to mr aboutvp.
I want to attempe to do it myself. look under my forum question, titled: venetian plaster.
thanks reknnj

Old 01-30-06, 11:02 AM
I used the electric buffer that is used to wax cars and Johnson Paste wax. I got a much better shine with this than with burnishing and didn't have to use the topcoat. The burnishing was the hardest part of the process, so I was glad to get away from that.