Painting a mural

Old 06-13-05, 07:57 AM
uniphant5
Visiting Guest
Painting a mural

Here's the plan...overhead projector, picture printed on transparency, silver (yes, I mean silver - it's even shiny! ) wall to project the image to. Where is the best place to start?! (Regular pencils don't show up on the wall). What is the best way to match the colors since the silver changes the color projected on the wall somewhat? I'm definitely not an artist, even my stick figures look weird! Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Last edited by uniphant5; 06-13-05 at 07:57 AM. Reason: correct picture!
Old 06-13-05, 08:42 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
try white or black chalk to sketch the outline. one of them should show up & chalk can be brushed/cleaned off later after paint (i'm assuming you're painting) has dried.

then, after your sketch is done, turn the projecter off. just follow the colors from your picture.

Old 06-13-05, 11:02 AM
K
I often work with a mural artist and could ask her in the next few days if you provide more information. Indoor or outdoor? What, exactly, is the surface made of?

Old 06-14-05, 06:54 AM
Can't help with your stick figures, but here are two suggestions to get the outline on the wall -

Use a soft lead draftsman pencil - 3B or 4B - or charcoal sticks. Both are available from art supply stores.

Paint the wall a flat white first - this will eliminate any color shift from the transparency projection.

Old 06-14-05, 07:42 AM
Millipede
Visiting Guest
Do you want to keep the metallic background as a base? If so, buy a piece of poster board, paint it silver, and use that to test your colors.

- Millipede

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: