I need paint/glaze recipe for a Golden Tuscan type faux finish

Old 01-15-06, 08:10 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I need paint/glaze recipe for a Golden Tuscan type faux finish

Ok.. I have decided to give up and start over. I was going for a golden aged type finish on my walls and ended up with orange. ( See Link)

http://www.tropicaldiva.com/house/index1.htm

I started out with a very nice yellow and then put a brown glaze on it . I really liked the overall finished look but the orange is NOT what I had in mind. Aparently the brown had too much red in it. OK so here's what I'm asking. Instead of trying to come up with my own recipe and paint mixture (which obviously didn't work the first time) I thought I'd ask to see if any of you have done what I have described and are happy with the results. If so May I have your recipe!?!?!?!?

My thoughts are to start out with a softer perhaps lighter yellow and use a glaze but not sure of the color.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Karen
aka Tropical Diva

E-mail addresses are not permitted in the Forums. This prevents your inbox from being filled with SPAM.

Last edited by majakdragon; 01-16-06 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Removed e-mail address only.
Old 01-16-06, 04:04 AM
D
Looking at your pics, I would first try "toning" the walls down using a glaze/wash of lavender. It will soften the orange down.

Last edited by majakdragon; 01-16-06 at 04:46 AM.
Old 01-16-06, 05:23 PM
T
A friend of mine told me to do something like that but I was afraid to. Thanks.. I will try tomorrow and let ya'll know the outcome.

Old 01-28-06, 04:30 PM
M
I have done my walls this way by painting a soft yellow and then using a glaze made with Behr Faux Glazing Liquid and tinting with burnt umber craft paint. It isn't orange at all.

Old 02-10-06, 10:45 PM
D
Did you ever figure out the two colors needed?

I am trying to do the same thing...a golden tuscan look. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: