Need to Replicate the look of some cabinets

Old 01-30-06, 07:52 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need to Replicate the look of some cabinets

I recently bought a house that has a finish on the cabinets in the kitchen and living room. I love the look and want to get it on the same look on cabinets in the game room. Anyone have any idea as to how they did this?
The cabinets were painted a semigloss creamy white and then a stain applied to make it look a light Tuscan or French country finish (like distressed pine). It is more tan to yellow than deep gold. ANy ideas? I have pics but can't post

Old 01-31-06, 05:27 AM
K
Originally Posted by LizaB
I recently bought a house that has a finish on the cabinets in the kitchen and living room. I love the look and want to get it on the same look on cabinets in the game room. Anyone have any idea as to how they did this?
The cabinets were painted a semigloss creamy white and then a stain applied to make it look a light Tuscan or French country finish (like distressed pine). It is more tan to yellow than deep gold. ANy ideas? I have pics but can't post
Sound's like a glaze, but without pictures its hard to tell. What/where are you trying to duplicate this? Will it be next to the previously glazed cabinets, or elsewhere in the house--e.g. do you need it to be an exact match, or are you just interested in carrying over the same effect. Is the base coat oil or latex (if you don't know, go to the painting forum and look at the sticky on how to find out--of course, the cabinets were probably sealed using a poly, so it may be hard to determine unless you have some part of the cabinet that wasn't glazed, e.g. the insides of the doors)?

Old 01-31-06, 07:27 AM
LisaB: put your pics in a place like photobucket & then post a link to them.

Kimeyers: the cabinets are in her kitchen/living room and she wants to duplicate their finish on her gameroom cabinets.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: