Not a great looking Glaze over AquaStone

Old 07-19-06, 02:05 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Not a great looking Glaze over AquaStone

Hello ,

I am working on a AquaStone and embossed stenciling wall treatment .I skip- troweled my AquaStone and did some stenciling with it.I also practiced on some practice boards before applying my glazes , but of course ,big walls look different then the small sample and i've never done it before...
So, I have some questions:
If I finished glazing in some areas and after it dried I am not completely happy with it what would be the best way to correct it ?
I thought about maybe mixing some more aqua cream with aqua colors and white aqua color and wash over some areas on top of what is already glazed Or paint over with tinted AquaBond and reglaze it ?(if so ,would it take away from my high/low and stenciled areas?
I am also unhappy with the way very white AquaStone shines thru ..I would prefer if there was more off white/beige base color.Again ,could I give some kind of light glaze wash after sanding it and do you think my new glaze will eat wholes in my dried glaze?:
Thank you so much in advance,

Lana B.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-06, 08:57 AM
First, for future work, you can tint your aquastone--so you could have tinted it cream. Second, aqua creme is going to be very tranparent.

I am confused about what you aren't happy with? You say there are spots? Is the color overall okay, but there are lap lines, did your glaze end up uneven? If it's a color issue, you can probably tone it down or add interest with a second glaze color, or add intensity with the same color (if the creme is dry, you can add a second coat). How did you apply the first coat-with a textured aquastone, I like to use the Leon Neon stippler brush, as it pushes the glaze into the texture. I also recommend spraying your work area with water to give you time to work the glaze. I don't know that white is necessary, as a complementary color glaze may tone it down enough.

As to repainting, that shouldn't be a problem and would work better than sanding it down, as you mention later.

Old 07-20-06, 02:28 PM
thank you!

Thank you so much for your reply ,Kimeyers.
Actually , as my glazes sinked into AquaStone - i doesn't look so bad anymore.
I try to learn as much as i could from others.Since i got to stay home with my 2 kids ,faux painting is greatly interesting to me.
Thank you very much again,
Lana B.