Deep toned Parchment finish

Old 08-06-06, 02:30 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Deep toned Parchment finish

I am having a little bit of a problem here. My customer chose her colors for this finish and apparently it is to dramatic for her. She picked out a peachy/salmon base coat and a bright red glaze and a mocha glaze. I followed the instructions to a tee but the softing brush i use left marks. So my questions are....

How can I tone it down without repainting the whole wall?
What should I do about the brush marks?

If anyone could please help it would be greatly appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-06, 03:45 PM
I would tone it down by using a soft colorwash over it. You also may want to invest in a better quality softening brush if you plan on doing this professionally. Badger brushes are the best.

Old 08-12-06, 06:42 AM
Smile parchment

To remove brush marks in your finish we apply another coat of aquacreme without color to the effected area,you dont need to add any color so you wont change the overall look.Most likely when you dry brushed your finish either the glaze was still to wet or you brushed a little to hard.Using a good badger brush is key to achieving a good finish,they cost about 30.00 we get them from mirage studios in n.y.Make sure you keep them clean we have a 5 gallon bucket of water on the job just to rinse them off.Good luck