colors fading into each other

Old 08-13-06, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
colors fading into each other

Painting a bedroom and want to know how to get colors to fade into each other. For example starting with yellow on the bottom and fading into green on top. Help is needed. Thank youl

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-06, 05:37 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 118 Votes on 105 Posts
Welcome to the forums

I know you can fade from one color to another using a spray gun. Sometimes you can brush or roll wet paint into each other BUT this would be very difficult to do over an extended area.

I'll move your post over to faux painting, hopefully you'll get a better answer there.

Old 08-14-06, 10:17 AM
the easiest way is to work wet into wet. work one whole wall at a time. i would start with the lighter color (yellow) and work into the darker green colors. it will take an artistic hand & you'll need several colors available to work with - at least a beginning yellow, your ending green and something in between then blend, blend, blend! it's one of those things that is harder than it seems. you might want to add something to the paint to make it dry more slowly so you'll have more time to work the colors (glaze or floetrol, etc)

good luck!

Old 08-14-06, 11:27 AM
In one of Gary Lord's books there is a sample/explanation of an effect where he blends blue into yellow (with the secondary color, green, in between). You might want to look at his instructions, since they are very detailed and easy for anyone to follow. I would definetely practice first