Skimming to prepare for VP

Old 09-26-06, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Skimming to prepare for VP

Helo!

Few month ago you i posted a question about skimming the textured walls in preparation for the Venetian plaster finish.
At the time somebody recommended using ProForm hot mud (plaster based) as regular JC will cramble under VP.
i ended up doing a different treatment on walls i was thinking about originally,but now i am really getting ready to apply skim coat over my orange peel walls .

I went thru a few Box stores in my area and only one was caring the Proform ,but not hot mud.
More specialized store suggested using something used Weldcrete for the base coat and then the dry form of Imperial Finish Plaster.
Also, local home product store sells ready mixed Venetian Plaster for $35.00(2 gallons),maybe i can just skimcoat with that?
Please let me know if any of the above suitable for skimming textured walls - if not ,where do i find the ProForm hot mud which was originally suggested?I googled it - no results...
thank you very much,

Lana B.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-06, 07:19 AM
skimming walls

If you go to the website www.masterofplaster.com you will see they sell a plaster that is perfect for your application.I have used it many times to smooth out rough walls no sanding needed.The basecoat can be tinted or multiple colors can be troweled on at the same time creating a fresco type finish.good luck b

Old 10-09-06, 09:20 AM
i'm not sure you'd need to do anything to orange peel texture. that's barely any texture at all.