Painting "Water" in Kids Room

Old 12-03-06, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Painting "Water" in Kids Room

Hi,

Where can I find painting techniques online? More Specifically, does anyone know how or where I can find how to paint a wall (Color of Paints, What paints to use, Which brushes - sponges to use, etc) to look like water?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-06, 06:35 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 139 Votes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by u-571 survivor View Post
Where can I find painting techniques online?

I haven't a clue

Have you tried asking at your local paint store? Most paint stores [not depts] have 1 or more employees either capable of answering your questions or pointing you in the right direction to get the answers.

Old 12-04-06, 06:46 PM
Hi,

Where can I find painting techniques online? More Specifically, does anyone know how or where I can find how to paint a wall (Color of Paints, What paints to use, Which brushes - sponges to use, etc) to look like water?

Thanks.

Try Googling "Faux Finish Water Scene" or Faux Finish Techiniques (spelling issue on that one), Or Try Faux Finish Tools of Trade.

That ought to get you moving.

Old 12-04-06, 09:46 PM
...Specifically, does anyone know how or where I can find how to paint a wall (Color of Paints, What paints to use, Which brushes - sponges to use, etc) to look like water?
Not off-hand, sorry
Not that I don't think it'd be a great painting project, but have you looked into digital murals at all?
It's wallcovering (wallpaper) that can be anything you'd like
They can take pictures of water and make a wallcovering out of it
Just a thought

Old 12-11-06, 11:31 AM
do you want it to seem like you're underwater or a birdseye view of the top of the ocean with waves & whitecaps? just water or fish & seaweed, etc? bubbles maybe?

there are lots of murals of underwater scenes and many wallpapers with a watery look. i would highly recommend either of these 2 options over trying to paint "water", if you are not a highly skilled artist. but if you're set on attempting it, find a picture of water first & try to duplicate it. here are several images of water used in wallpapers:

http://www.decoratetoday.com/products/wallpaper/search_results.asp-asp--si--6?gensearchby=1

or, if all else fails, just do the walls in a simple solid blue & use fish/sea accessories around the room to convey the idea of water, like this:

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dc_design_childrens/article/0,1793,HGTV_3367_2472344,00.html

Last edited by Annette; 12-12-06 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-16-06, 03:12 PM
Go here for a step by step underwater painting lesson by Patrick Ganino of Creative Evolution. He's great!
But... I agree with Annette again - painting water is one of the most difficult things to do.

http://www.learntofaux.com/how_to_underwater_mural.php