Help!

Old 02-08-07, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help!

Okay, my husband and I tried a faux finish, basically what I did was ragging off, except instead of a rag I used plastic bags. All of the walls I did look great, but the wall my husband decided to "help" me with looks horrible. You can see where each section he did starts and stops, there is a dark line in between each section. Some of the sections are lighter than others. What can I do to fix this? Could I reapply the glaze/paint mix over the lighter areas to try and blend them in or would this cause it to be too dark? This is the only thing I would know to do. Is there another option, besides painting over it completely?

Thanks.

Last edited by adgoodman5; 02-08-07 at 09:18 PM. Reason: forgot something
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-07, 09:15 AM
To got a good consistent finish, the same person should do the "faux" work. Each person has a different touch--so if you want his help let him roll on the glaze. If you want this wall consistent with the other walls, the only real solution is to repaint.

Old 02-09-07, 11:01 AM
Same thing happened to us, but we had four people working so you had four different blochy types in the room. We felt bad.... family just trying to help us out! Luckilly even they saw the problem so it wasn't just us being snobby.

We wound up getting one of those natural sponge rollers and redoing the room with that.

Old 02-09-07, 11:50 AM
question...

So can I repaint that wall with a couple of coats of my basecoat and start all over? Would I need to prime it again or can I just paint right over it? Luckily this is a small room so it shouldn't be too much trouble. It only took a few hours to finish it up last night, but I think I will definitely do the rest of the ragging (or bagging) myself. I tried to fix it this morning by going over the lighter spots with more glaze but it's just not working, it is very noticeable.

Old 02-10-07, 07:41 AM
Probably no reason to prime. Depending on the gloss of your glaze (some are fairly glossy) you might lightly sand. Tape off the adjoining walls, and apply one coat of the base. If that doesn't do it, apply the second base coat. Since you aren't making a dramatic color change, I wouldn't prime it.