Removing awful Behr Sandstone

Old 05-11-07, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Removing awful Behr Sandstone

I painted my Dining room with Behr Sandstone. Its beyond awful, patchy, streaky, splotchy, and the color isn't even correct. It was supposed to be a very light whitish grey with blue sand highlights, instead its a strange combination of purple and charcoal, looks like someone splashed concrete on my walls. On top of getting nowhere yet with Behr or Home Depot on this problem, they can't even tell me how to properly remove this garbage. I assume I'm going to have to sand the walls to get rid of the texture to repaint. I am looking for recomendations on equipment to do this as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Thanks in Advance
Bashiba

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-07, 09:37 PM
It's interesting that Behr customer service provided no help. I'd call again to get a different and possibly more well-informed agent. It may be that you will have to sand to remove texture ot skim coat with thin layer of joint compount to make the walls smooth again. It will take a couple coats and sanding afterwards.

Old 05-14-07, 09:28 AM
I sanded mine off without a problem, but it was a big mess. I have since read on some forum that you can wet the sandstone and use a scraper to remove--much like removing a popcorn ceiling.