Master Bedroom & Bath paint

Old 02-05-11, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Master Bedroom & Bath paint

I have finally decided to cover up the stencils (what is the stuff usually put on with - oil based or acrylic paint?? - I have to get Killz.) in MB & MB. I picked out Sherwin Williams Metallic Impressions. Figured on Brushed Metallic with 3 walls Kilim Beige Metallic and the wall opposite the door with the headboard on it in Brushed Metallic Turkish Coffee Metallic. basically light beige and a purplish-gray. It's a med-lg room.

Question: Should I do all 4 walls brushed metallic or go cheaper with just doing the accent wall? Do I match the M. Bathroom with an accent wall also or just go the beige color?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-11, 04:40 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 132 Votes on 118 Posts
I'd start with one wall to see how you like it, that will give you an idea of how well it looks and whether or not more of it will look good or be overwhelming.

Old 02-07-11, 08:17 AM
Group Moderator
Received 53 Votes on 50 Posts
I'm not sure I'd want a metallic finish in a bedroom, I'd definitely start with one wall and live with it for a little while

Old 02-13-11, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Definitely use a base coat first. That will help cover up stencils and make your finish coat go on smoother. Try one wall first, usually the largest.. The bathroom need not match, but might be a nice touch.