Brown Paperbag wall in the Bathrooom.

Old 12-15-11, 04:14 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool Brown Paperbag wall in the Bathrooom.

I am in the process of doing my bathroom wall in brown paperbags. My question is actually two fold. 1) what kind of glaze can I use to seal the natural brown paperbag wall? 2) Is there a way to tint a glaze or change the color on one wall so it will be a little darker? Thanks for the help!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-11, 04:40 PM
Huh?????????????????????????????????????

Old 12-15-11, 05:11 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 138 Votes on 123 Posts
I rarely ever use any glaze but I suspect most would darken the look of the paper since the brown paper darkens naturally when wet. I'd suggest taking some scrap brown paper with you to the paint store [not a paint dept] and let them apply some small samples on it to assure that you'll get the look you desire.

btw -welcome to the forums!

Old 12-16-11, 07:46 AM
Group Moderator
Received 54 Votes on 51 Posts
I apologize for being overly judgmental but I just can't imagine this looking good - please post back with some pictures when you're done to prove me wrong.

Old 12-16-11, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I've seen the results of this being done although they used regular heavy brown wrapping paper. You tear off pieces of the paper, dip them into a bucket of water based poly, crumple them a bit if you want that distressed look, then apply them to the wall in an overlapping random pattern, and smooth them out. After it dries, it looks very much like leather. I've seen just an accent wall done as well as a sort of wainscoting look with a chair rail type trim. Not a bad look for something like a den or rec room. Might work depending on the style of the bath.

Don't ever remember seeing any glaze used....but I imagine the same could be done by tinting the poly slightly.

Old 01-18-12, 04:45 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I have seen someone brown paperbag their wall before, and it does look great when it's finished and done correctly. You would have to see it to believe it. I don't think the folding matters, as long as they are all similar to the same size. A glaze would be good to use if you are wanting to tint it darker.