What is this ceiling design called?

Old 01-18-14, 06:05 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What is this ceiling design called?

Does anyone know what this ceiling design is called and if there are kits?
Attached Images  
Old 01-18-14, 10:33 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA - N.E.Tn
Posts: 48,093
Received 398 Votes on 354 Posts
Welcome to the forums Jessica!

I don't know if that particular design has a name but it's more or less a coffered ceiling. You can pretty much make any design using most any molding that you can attach securely to the ceiling.
Old 01-26-14, 08:11 PM
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: usa
Posts: 466
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Ceiling design

I can't tell you the name of the specific design but the material would most usually be plaster cast in sections to create the design and then applied to the flat ceiling plane. Patterns can be made up so that they repeat in a symmetrical layout or can represent any flow that a customer may choose.

Best to layout a pattern to fit a specific room size rather than use a standard pattern otherwise you have to utilize a border that may give you the ability to have a standard size fit a room and deal with the remaining area at the perimeter.

There are firms that precast a variety of standard patterns, just google "relief plaster ceilings" or "relief plaster walls"

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: