city come to country

Old 07-08-04, 01:37 PM
E.B.SWIFT
Visiting Guest
Red face city come to country

HEY THIS LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF GOOD FUN!! NEAT SITE.
I'M A CITY BOY THAT MARRIED A COUNTRY GIRL WHOSE AUNT AND COUSIN LIVES ACCROSS THE ROAD. THEY'RE GOING TO LOSE THEIR AG. EXEMPTION IF THEY DON'T PLANT A CROP OR PUT IN SOME CATTLE. I'VE BEEN ELECTED TO FIX THE FENCE FOR 1/2 THE BEEF. I'LL TAKE THAT!!! JUST ONE PROBLEM, EVEN THOUGH I AM A CAPABLE PERSON WITH MY HANDS AND I'VE EVEN FOOLED WITH A FEW T-POSTS BEFORE, I'M STILL NOT SURE OF ALL THE BEST PROCEDURES FOR TIGHTENING UP THE OLD SAGGING FENCE, ESP. AT THE CORNERS, AND MOREOVER, BECAUSE I AM REAL SURE I,M GOING TO BE STRETCHING SOME WIRES, AND MAYBE EVEN PUTTING IN A GATE OR TWO. I ESPECIALLY WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE DIAGONAL BRACING OF T-POSTS WITH THE LITTLE ALUMINUM BRACKETS SOLD AT AG CENTERS FOR THE CORNERS ONLY, AND THE WIRE STRETCHING TOOL AS OPPOSED TO THE COME-ALONG ETC; THE BEST GAUGE OF BARBED WIRE, SPLICING METHODS ETC; OTHER TIPS ARE WELCOME. THANKS!!! YOUR TRANSPLANTED FRIEND. E.B. SWIFT

Last edited by E.B.SWIFT; 07-11-04 at 12:30 AM. Reason: SPELLING CORRECTION!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-04, 03:58 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
E.B.SWIFT,

First, welcome to DoItYourself.com and the fence forum. Next, please turn off the 'caps lock'.

I wouldn't use T-posts for the corners or the gate posts -- concrete in 4X4's (or larger, depending on the length of the run they are supporting).

Work the wire mesh in small lengths and you probably won't need a stretcher.