Vinyl Fence Posts on Concrete Slab

Old 04-18-05, 03:41 AM
pmichael
Visiting Guest
Question Vinyl Fence Posts on Concrete Slab

I want to install a 6' vinyl fence on an existing concrete slab around a new pool. I have found some instructions on a vinyl fence website that look like this:

1. Mark the exact locations of where all fence posts will be placed by drawing a 4" square.
2. Drill two 1/2" holes through the concrete in opposite corners of the square.
3. Epoxy 2 - 2' lengths of rebar in the holes.
4. Place the vinyl fence post over the rebar and fill the post with concrete.

My questions are:
1. Has anyone done this before and what were the results?
2. Will this hold up and be strong enough to support the 6' X 6' fence panels?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-19-05, 03:35 AM
L
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I've never done it in the manner you are describing, but done properly, it will work. Don't have a problem with drilling the two 1/2" holes, but I wouldn't put them right in the corners -- I would hold them in about an inch from each side that forms the corner. And seal the joint between the slab and the vinyl post before you start filling it with concrete, A polyurethane caulking and let it cure for a day before filling the post will work. Otherwise, follow the instructions exactly, and you should be fine.

Old 04-19-05, 06:39 AM
pmichael
Visiting Guest
Smile Thanks

Thanks Lefty. I was beginning to worry when I saw other posts on this forum saying they would need to cut a 12"x12" square in the concrete, dig a 2' hole, put the post in and fill the post halfway and the hole with concrete. I have 32 posts to put in and that would kill me. Thanks again...

Old 05-15-13, 07:01 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
vinyl fencing on concrete

I hope someone can help my husband and I. We installed a vinyl privacy fence on concrete. With the purchase of the fence and telling them where we were putting the fence we had to purchase about 2 feet tall steel posts that had to be screwed into the concrete. Well we did that but the fence itself seems to sway a little to much when it is windy. Can someone tell us how we can secure the posts so they do not sway as bad please?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: