Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Exterior Improvement Center > Fences, Posts, Railings and Gates
Reload this Page >

Does any 1 know if it is possible to buy used fences or fencing materials?

Old 06-28-05, 12:55 AM
BAYAREA_MOM
Visiting Guest

Does any one know if it is possible to buy fences or fencing material that is used? or of a place to buy them in CA. Bay Area. Im just looking for a simple fence that i can buy on a major budget, or maybe places i can find scrap material to build my own. please any advice will help or if you can point me in the right direction.
thanks a bunch,
bayarea_mom

Old 06-28-05, 08:06 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
look in the classifieds for "demoltion sales " they have them around here on houses that are being torn down .

I have seen used fences advertised in the newspaper classified

I was able to buy 170' of cyprus board on board fence with posts and gates for 70.00 from a house that was being torn dosn , thing is you need to remove it and transport it.

have you tried looking in the yellow pages under used building materials ?

Old 06-28-05, 08:12 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
heres another resource for budget building materials

Habitat For Humanity resales stores , I see they have one in oakland ,Is that near you ? talk to the manger there a lot of times they are called out to houses that are being demolished and they might not pull the fence and brring it back to the store , but they might call you and sell it to you on site .

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: