Need to take down a section of Vinyl fence?

Old 08-05-05, 05:35 PM
kburns5111
Visiting Guest
Question Need to take down a section of Vinyl fence?

Hello.. I need to take down 2 sections and 1 post of my 6 foot privcey vinyl fence? Any advise on how? Thanks
In need of help.. Fence Mom

Old 02-04-06, 05:54 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I need to remove a vinyl fence

Hi there, I need to remove 420 feet of vinyl fence and re-plant it a couple feet away. Did you have any luck with your project? Were you able to salvage the rails or posts? Thanks for your response....

Old 02-05-06, 03:47 AM
L
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
kburns5111,

It is going to depend on how the fence was made and assembled, and how the posts were set in the ground.

Where the rails go into the posts, the rails are USUALLY "notched". That little 1/2" X 3/4" tab on each side of the rail prevents it from coming out of the post. Take off the post cap and see if you have that "notch" on the end of the rail that is inside the post. If so, you need to compress it so that the rail can be slid out of the post. It's difficult and time consuming.

Occasionally, the rails are held in place with screws. If that's how yours in done, then you simply remove the screws.

At the worst, you may have to cut the rails with a Sawzall and simply replace them. If you are careful, the rest of the fence panels can be saved and reused.

bevarabian,

What STYLE of vinyl fence? A privacy fence (like kburns5111 is talking about), or a rail fence?

Forktool voted this post useful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: