Removable Privacy Fence

Old 11-11-05, 06:23 PM
vanalstine
Visiting Guest
Removable Privacy Fence

I am new to this forum - I'm hoping someone can help me out. My neighbor and I would like to replace part of our present common fence with a "removable" fence that would allow RV access to our back yards. Neither one of us has enough room on our own property and we don't want to totally lose the privacy features of fencing, so we thought of a fence (about 30 feet long) that could be removed by two adults maybe 5 or 6 times a year when we need access. We thought of vinyl panels with removable posts, but neither of us has a clear picture of how we would accomplish this. Any ideas for us? Thanks.

Old 12-21-05, 07:09 AM
oakenstone
Visiting Guest
post protectors

There is a company that manufactures post protectors. You dig your hole and concrete them into the hole and then slide your posts into them. I am not sure what the name of the company is but you could run a search. It is basically a box that sets underground a little larger than your posts. Hope this helps and good luck to you.

Old 01-01-06, 01:00 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How tall is the fence? Weight can quickly become an issue. You have to build the panels sturdy enough so that the fence is solid but light enough to lift out easily. Do you want wood or galvanized pipe? If you use galvanized pipe you could just put PVC tubing into a cement post hole (making sure there is drainage at the bottom) and drop the ends of the fence section into them. Lashing the tops of the sections together would make the fence sturdier. You may be able to do the same with wood posts if you round off the corners of the posts and use large PVC tubes inset into the cement. Again, you have to make sure there is adequate drainage.

The real issue that I would see is making sure there is enough slack in the hole that the posts don't bind when you're trying to remove them but not so much that they tend to sway. If you zig-zag the fence line a bit and lash the tops together that may help them stand up better in larger PVC tubes.

Good luck.

Steve

Old 01-10-06, 01:33 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Oakenstone,

I think you mean these:

http://www.thesuperpost.com/default.asp

I haven't used them, so don't know how well they work - seems like a good idea, but too expensive for a full fence.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: