Rapid Post Product

Old 04-19-07, 05:45 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Rapid Post Product

I am putting in 2 fence posts this weekend and bought 2 bags of a product called Rapid Post. It says on the bag that there is no need to brace posts, just add product and water at the same time and your good to go. Has anyone used this product? I assume you pour the contents in and then add water. Can you mix it in a wheel barrel and put it in? Thanks for any info on using this product.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-07, 07:50 AM
It sounds like a fast setting concrete - I still prefer to mix it outside the hole in a wheelbarrow or mixer. I can't easily tell the consistency of the concrete when it is already inside the hole, nor can I mix it very thoroughly.

I got away without wood-bracing 90% of my posts by driving the post (tubular steel) down a couple inches into the dirt at the bottom of each hole. This was enough to keep the post from moving after the concrete had been added to the hole.

The quikrete fast-setting concrete I used was very firm after just 20 minutes, but if your post is still at all wobbly, I'd just take the time to brace with some cheap furring strip lumber.

Old 04-20-07, 12:53 PM
Rapidpost

Thanks for the info, I will brace for sure.