Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Exterior Improvement Center > Fences, Posts, Railings and Gates
Reload this Page >

In search of Solar Powered Chain Link Fence Post Caps

Old 07-16-08, 11:46 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for a solar powered light for a chain link fence post cap, I know there are numerous options for vinyl fence caps that are solar powered but I haven't found anything for a chain link fence and would like to get some if they are available.

Old 07-17-08, 04:56 AM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
This is very funny .... I go into the larger orange box store every day.... Most times when I have enough time I browse the clearance sections of the store.. They are typically located at the ends of the isles and in the more dead sections of the store....
Well , anyway , yes you are right . All along they have had post lights for PVC as well as iron fencing...
Yesterday, for the first time in my 18 years of fencing I saw a post light for a chain link fence. Oddly enough it was located on the clearance section of the store. Here I spend all this time looking at new ideas, new products and newer installations on line as well as in store and here for the first time I see something that I have never seen before in the clearance section.
Luckily I had the opportunity to see it did exist before it was phased out..
At the same time now you know where to shop for it.
But shop fast ... Before they take it off their market completely.
If I get back to the store today,,,,(Which I can not imagine not being able to do...lol ) and if the post light is still there, I will take down its information so as to email you with it.

Stay tuned....

Greg~

Old 03-11-13, 07:09 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
there is a clip that attaches to top rail of chain link fence that supports solar light

Old 03-12-13, 05:16 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
If you can't find a lamp specifically labeled for chain link fence you can wire tie the stake for a traditional ground light to the post. In the picture below they cut sections of pipe and attached to the fence and stuck the light stakes in the pipe. They did a bit of a sloppy job but it should give you some ideas.

Old 03-12-13, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator
Received 391 Upvotes on 319 Posts
Hello Solarlink, since this thread is over 4 years old, I'm sure they've found something by now.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: