Individual Pickets


Old 10-01-08, 12:09 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 10
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Individual Pickets

I just bought a home with a scalloped vinyl fence that is missing 3 pickets. I have a few questions:
- Does anyone know what brand this fence may be? It does not have picket caps, it has a pressed top?
- Is it possible to buy individual pickets?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-08, 05:57 PM
GregsFence's Avatar
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Union County NJ
Posts: 436
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Most PVC fencing is fabricated in a shop. That being the case, you may want to scan your general area for a fencing distributor who sells PVC fencing. They may be able to sell you a picket at full 4 foot length , while you cut it down to what you need to properly scallop the rest of the section. Sometimes they would sell you an entire 16 foot length of that material,,,, with a few caps sold seperately.
Cutting the pvc down is very easy with a hack saw.. or even a metal cutting blade on a circular or chop saw. If the fencing was purchased in a home depot, lowes or some other store of that nature you may be purchasing an entire section of material to en gage in dismantling it to salvage the picket of choice.
That particular section looks much like Buff tech's line... with those buttons holding it on from the back. I could be wrong with the designer, but buff tech may have the exact same design and profile of picket for a replacement.
My suggestion would be to purchase the same height as the highest picket towards the ends of the scallop. Cut them to size rather than ordering that way. Just in case.

Good luck

Old 10-03-08, 05:10 PM
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Arlington, WA
Posts: 9,238
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

It's highly unlikely that the tops of the pickets are "pressed tops". More than likely they are simply caps that are glued in place.

GregsFence mentioned a brand called Buff Tech because of the way the pickets are attached. Never heard of it, never seen pickets attached like that, and it's not available here as far as I know, (That probably explains why I've never heard of it or seen it!!)

Like GregsFence said -- if you can find a fabricator in your area, they can, at the very least, come extremely close to matching it for you. And they can probably set you up with the screws needed to match the original installation. Worst case, you'll GLUE the new pickets in place and put some 'dummy' screws in the back side to achieve the match.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: