privacy fence in duplex

Old 01-09-09, 04:41 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
privacy fence in duplex

I live in an old duplex and our front porches are together as well as our front lawns. I live on the last house on the street and I have a much larger lawn that anyone else. My problem in that the new tenants, we have been here for more that 60 years, yes 60 years, my husband was born and raised here, well the new tenants have no respect for boundaries. Their kids are constantly playing in our front yard, they leave there toys all over my front yard, etc. I don't want to be an old fuddy duddie so I just have been polietly asking them to clean up after themselfs. When they first moved in , they had a German Shepard who just roamed the neighborhood, wherever he wanted to go never any boundaries, just like the kids. I have 2 border colies, that I keep the majority of the time in our fenced yard in the back. sometimes I do like to bring them up front with me to hang out, well they got rid of the Shepard and now they have a new puppy a golden retriever, cute pup but I know the same thing is going to happen. I would like to put up a fence between our homes. I hate the idea because it would make it look more like a row home but I have no choice.....the point now of my posting...can anyone suggest a fence separation for the porch area. ...
Thaml

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-09, 04:45 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 120 Votes on 107 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

It would be a good idea to check with your local zoning first - sometimes they have restrictions on fences in the front yard. You should be better able to decide what to do once you know what you are allowed to do.