Fencing woes

Old 05-21-13, 01:07 PM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Fencing woes

My problem is poor planning and am now paying for it. I live in a town home. the original fencing (Put in when the homes were built) went out 16ft and each house saw the good side of the fence on the right and the bad side of the fence on the left. the rest of the fencing was 4 ft with lattice that was nailed right to the posts. When I put in my new fence I reused the post holes that were there. I cemented in my posts. the problem is that I hung the fencing (6 ft panels) the way it should be and put the bad side of the fence to the inside of the yard all the way around. this put my panels about 4.5 inches (the posts are on the line) into my neighbors yard. I didn't account for the extra inches of the panel. Is there a way to modify a pre-made panel to fit between the posts to hang the panel on the line? Would this look funny? I could flip the panels but then I would lose some yard space (Not that much though). Do I have to go back and start over? I would probably cut the posts off and start digging at 4 ft from the house and go every 8 from there. This would give me clean digging holes and would avoid all power and phone lines. I need some ideas but am willing to start over to make this right.

Old 05-21-13, 02:30 PM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Without a picture how would we know what your seeing?

Old 05-21-13, 05:58 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
One way out is to dig against each post, on both sides. With a pinch bar, pry the posts, cement & all, toward your yard.

Old 05-28-13, 01:28 PM
S
yes sure you can modify the panel and it not look funny while doing fencing it will required some space

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: