USAutomatic Patriot Gate issue

Old 06-15-13, 09:25 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question USAutomatic Patriot Gate issue

I've got a issue with my USAutomatic Patriot gate opener - the remote control stops working in a certain scenario. The problem is this scenario is the most common scenario there is, so the gate is mostly unusable:

The issue is that if the gate is stopped at either end by one of the limit switches, the remote doesn't work. I have to manually activate the gate at the motor. Once I've done that, as long as I stop the gate with the remote before it hits either limit, I have full remote control. If the gate hits either limit, it stops as expected, the remote won't activate it again unless I manually activate it first. AND, when it is in the not working mode, I can still hear the click of the remote receiver when I hit the remote button, but nothing happens.

Has anyone seen anything like this or have any ideas?

Old 06-15-13, 09:42 AM
Group Moderator
Received 2,982 Votes on 2,690 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Which model do you have. The patriot for swing gates or the patriot rsl for sliding gates ?

The remote is actually still working.....it's just not activating the gate.

I'm not real familiar with this closer company but I'm sure I can help you with your problem.

Old 06-15-13, 10:15 AM
B
I've got the sliding gate with this control board USAutomatic 500001 Control Board for Patriot and RSL. The receiver is external and plugs in at the bottom of the control board. I've checked those connections and they look good - and they work if the limit switches don't come into play...

Old 06-26-13, 02:40 PM
B
Anyone have any ideas on this gate?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: