sliding gate problem

Old 08-25-16, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
sliding gate problem

I have a sliding gate (see attachment) and I want to attach a sliding gate opener. The front of the gate is held up with attached wheels (see attachment). The problem is that the outside wheel is on a slope so the gate tends to wander a bit when opening and closing. This works find when opened and closed manually but I want to hook up an opening and I don't think I can do that until I get the gate moving correctly. The back of the gate runs on a v-track. If I do the same with the front of the gate it would take care of the problem but would also have a bump in and out.

If anybody has thoughts on this one I would be grateful.

Thank you ............................

Name:  DSC01408.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  41.5 KBName:  DSC01406.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  50.9 KBName:  DSC01407.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  44.6 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-16, 03:45 PM
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Gate

The left side of the wheel assembly has adjusting screws. Make the necessary adjustments to correct the track of the wheels.

Old 08-25-16, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the reply.

The wheel assembly does have adjusting screws. My problem is that won't work because of the slope thing. I need to make the gate track straight so I can hook up an opener. From what I can tell they expect the gate to being going on a very straight line to work. I think I will have to lay down a v-groove track and then use a 6" v-track wheel which will keep my gate about 3 inches from the ground.

Thanks again!

Old 08-26-16, 04:36 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 24 Posts
Adjust your wheels so they are going up hill a little. May take several tried to get right.

Old 08-28-16, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the replies!

I am trying to hook up an electric opener. To do this I need the gate to open and close exactly the same track each tome. To this end I think the only way to actually do this is to v-groove the front of the gave. the back of the gate has a built in chain link gate thing that I can buy for about 110.00 (which seems a bit pricey). How about this. I take one of the wheels off the 2 wheels in the front and then replace the inside wheel with a v-groove wheel? That, in theory, should work. If usinjg just one of the wheels torks it too much I could add a swivel caster to the other side (somehow) and still have the inside wheel replaced with a v-groove wheel?