Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Exterior Improvement Center > Fences, Posts, Railings and Gates
Reload this Page >

Advice on using post support pier for temporary fence

Old 10-30-17, 05:29 AM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Hello all! I have been racking my head on how to enclose our yard in our newly purchased home. The issue is that the driveway is an intricate paver design that leads to the patio and into the yard. There is no gravel/grass on either side from the house to the garage (which is where the fence will need to go). I need your thoughts on using a few concrete post support piers to hold 4ft fence posts. Between the posts I plan to use something light, such as vinyl-coated wire fencing. In your experienced opinion, would the fence be sturdy or too flimsy. It is meant to be a temporary fence to keep in my two small dogs and keep any wandering dogs in the neighborhood out.

Old 10-30-17, 05:38 AM
D
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
There is no need to use concrete with 4x4 wood posts. Just sink the posts in the ground. I've installed all kinds of fences. We only used concrete with chain link or PVC fences.

Old 10-30-17, 05:43 AM
I
My apologies, I did not specify that the fence needs to go on top of the pavers. There is no ground on either side to sink the posts into.

Old 10-30-17, 05:47 AM
D
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If that's the case, take a look how "rent-a-fence" companies secure their fences or what about those electric invisible fences?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: