Max distance for chain link tension wire

Old 06-11-18, 12:32 PM
Max distance for chain link tension wire

My fence installer did not put in a bottom tension wire and the fence is pretty useless to keep dogs inside the yard.
  1. Can the tension wire be installed after the fence fabric has been stretched and tied in place? It looks like it could if the brace band can be pushed into place.
  2. One side of the fence is 180' from corner post to corner post. Can a tension wire be strung tightly across this distance? If not, can I just go half-way and attach brace bands to the middle line post?
  3. What is the optimal distance for the chain link tension wire? What is the maximum distance?
  4. I've read that tension wire has crimps, but I don't understand what this refers to.
Finally, my installer simply wrapped the fabric around three of the corner posts rather than attaching a tension bar on either side of the corner posts. This means that there is about 500' of the 550' fence is one connected fabric with tension bars only at either end. The fence is stretched properly and tied to the top rail and line posts. Are tension bars at the corners really necessary?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-18, 02:47 PM
I've read that tension wire has crimps,
Hog rings are used to attach the tension wire to the fence fabric. A crimping tool is used to install the hog rings.