Pallet fence idea

Old 04-12-19, 12:46 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Pallet fence idea

I'm looking for some thoughts/ brain storming or advise on my back yard. We have dogs and so do the nailbord to the right were the two sheds are. Any time we both have the dogs out they all run up to the fence and loose their minds and we have to intervene. So i would like to find a way to at least put something up at that chain link fence so they cant see each there. it might not stop the problem completely but I think it could help and would be safer cuz they wouldnt be able to bite through the fence.

Secondly, it would really be great to have a fenced in area for the dogs that we could let them hang out in for extended periods with out worrying about them getting out, wild life attacking, fights with the other dogs. I was thinking just like from the porch to the stone wall and from the 2 neighbors chain link fences.

I want to do something as cheap as possible. I was thinking maybe with pallets? But it also needs to not look crappy (my room mate is the home owner).

I'm not sure exactly where the fence would go in relation to the chain link and the stone wall. The stone is kinda the main design element of the back yard so I wouldn't wanna ruin that...

Look forward to hearing from you!

Link to all photos here https://imgur.com/a/htMatmm
Name:  by1.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  100.8 KB

Name:  by2.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  91.4 KB

Name:  by3.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  72.4 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 04-13-19 at 12:11 PM. Reason: resized/imported several pics from link
Old 04-12-19, 01:06 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
I've seen a few houses where they used pallets to fence it in but I've never seen them stay in place long term. I assume that's because they don't weather well. Pallets are made from various woods, some will hold up in the weather better than others.

Old 04-12-19, 01:33 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,154 Upvotes on 1,929 Posts
Most pallets are not solid so a fence made of them will not stop the dogs from seeing through. Then there is the appearance issue. Pallets... look like pallets.

How about a canvas? You could get it in about any color and it could be attached to the chain link fence to help keep the cost down.

Old 04-12-19, 05:17 PM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
I want to do something as cheap as possible. I was thinking maybe with pallets? But it also needs to not look crappy
Sorry, that's a oxymoron, cheap and crappy looking go hand and hand.

Think you need to figure out what is priority and work from there!

Old 04-12-19, 05:56 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Maybe chain link fence slats. Example: https://southwesternwire.com/preslat...in-link-fence/

Old 04-14-19, 08:12 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
Pallets will look like crap but, fortunately, won't last long anyway.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: