How/Where to mount hose hook.

Old 09-13-19, 10:53 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How/Where to Put Hose Mount

Background: New house, less than a year old. Vinyl siding, above solid cement foundation (basement).

Each time I mow the yard, I'm forced to pull the hoses and drag them off the yard to the driveway. I found a hose mount that I'd like to put up by this spigot but am a bit lost as to where or how. I'm unsure of mounting the hose mount above the spigot as there would be little support. I also can't mount it on the cement as it's just too low.

I'm considering putting in a post to hold the hose mount. But again, what how and where?

In the pic, you can see how 'crowded' the end of the house is. I'mconsidering either a 4x4 or a 2x4 post at either A, B or C. A seems the best place, but I"m concerned about mowing around it, B would be better, but the wires going into the house would be blocked if ever I need to get to them. C is ok, but seems to far to put the hose reel.

Am I overthinking this? Would appreciate any and all input.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Marvinator; 09-13-19 at 11:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-19, 02:02 PM
Group Moderator
Received 29 Votes on 23 Posts
I think I would mount it at "A". My idea would be to use a heavy duty bracket [may have to do some searching to find one] of galvanized steel in a Z shape that would extend out and then up above the lower edge of the siding. The lower leg of the Z would be anchored into the concrete and the upper leg would provide a place to mount the hose rack. Make sense?

Old 09-13-19, 02:11 PM
Group Moderator
Received 29 Votes on 23 Posts
Old 09-13-19, 08:02 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
That would be a good way to do it, and I think I agree at placement A. Now I have to see if I can find a sturdy enough bracket. THANKS!

Old 09-14-19, 03:52 AM
Received 95 Votes on 86 Posts
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-...-234/205673843

I/ll offer what I have, a hanger similar to this, it has 4 mounting points so it does not have to hit a stud.

Mount centered above the spigot so when hose is coiled it loops down to either side of spigot so hose can be connected neatly.

Drill 4 hoses in siding and use section of pipe/washers as spacers so the siding is not crushed or pull a few pieces of siding off and mount a piece of 2x8 and trim around!

It avoids having something in the ground that now has to be trimmed around!