Chain link footings exposed by new construction

Old 09-20-19, 11:28 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Chain link footings exposed by new construction

Hi All,
Would love any advice here. Our house is situated on a small hill overlooking a new house that is under construction. Seems that while they were clearing the old landscaping they removed a bunch of soil that protected concrete footings of a shared fence. Now about 7 footings of 50 foot chain link fence are exposed on one side (half of the footings are exposed). I'm concerned of future problems as the fence is now less stable. Let me know of any solutions that would involve special fasteners or other ideas. According to the Contractor they are prohibited from building an additional retaining wall (which is the ideal solution but expensive). It's the developer's responsibility but I just wanted to be prepared with different ideas. Attached is a photo.

thanks in advance.

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-19, 12:52 PM
Received 94 Votes on 85 Posts
So did they clear the dirt from your side of the fence or is that the other lot owners side?

Old 09-20-19, 02:30 PM
That is a view from the other lot. It was planted before with Ivy and has been fine for 70 years. Suddenly the concrete footings are exposed after they cleared the ivy.

Old 09-20-19, 02:57 PM
Received 94 Votes on 85 Posts
Difficult to say, removing ivy should not effect fence integrity, but if enough material was removed that the footings were compromised that is a different issue!

Old 09-21-19, 11:01 AM
That's my issue and would love feedback. The concrete footings on the other side of the fence were exposed by the new construction. I'd love some ideas other than removing the fence and starting over with digging new footings. thanks