Gate operator issues

Old 09-14-20, 07:16 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gate operator issues

Hi, I have a Liftmaster CSL24v that is having issue. It does work but it shakes a lot at the very beginning and end .of the cycle. Sometimes it shakes so hard it makes the obstruction alarm go off and I have to "work on it" to get it to work again . Then there are sometimes where it works perfectly. Fence compny put in new rollers, and UPS box and new chain. None of those worked. Here are the oddities that I hav e noticed that may give a clue.
1. The gate is hot. (it has a electrical charge to it and I feel it when I touch it while touching a metl post)
2 When it starts shddering or stops working, I take off the cover and bang on the chasis with a wrench, it starts working again. Then as time goes, it get worse.

Please let me know if you have ny ideas
Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-20, 08:09 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 586 Votes on 540 Posts
You say the gate is "hot" is this intentional as an electric fence or is there a wiring problem sending AC to the gate?

Old 09-14-20, 09:18 AM
M
It is not an electric fence. It is a fence with a slide gate opener. As for a wiring problem, That may be a possibility but it has been woring perfeclty for 6+ years but has suddnly come down with these issues

Old 09-14-20, 10:58 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 586 Votes on 540 Posts
If the fence is electrified/hot... that is a problem. And, since you are having issues with the opener and you like pounding on it, you may have a loose wire or short inside the opener.

Old 09-14-20, 11:19 AM
M
That was my thought, I will call aguy then. I am not going to screw around with it that much

Thanks
Mike