Chainlink hurricane fence repair

Old 01-03-21, 03:51 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Chainlink hurricane fence repair

The hurricane Laura and Delta came through a few months ago they laid havoc on my hurricane fence. This caused a couple of the supporting poles to fall because they apparently were rusted all the way through from something. I need to know what is the best way to tackle this so that I can get the fence back up? Is there a method to easily remove the bottom of the pole which I guess is going to be encapsulated in some concrete in the ground? If not what can I do to help myself put another hole in its spot? And where exactly do I get those metal poles for the support? Can I just go to Lowe's or Home Depot? My next concern is how do you determine if the fence is your responsibility or your neighbors?

Old 01-04-21, 06:21 AM
Group Moderator
Received 62 Votes on 51 Posts
Can you put up some pics, Justin?

I can think of a couple of ways to fix if these are standard chain link fence poles. Best of course is to remove the old anchor concrete and start from scratch. This will involve some digging and manual labor. Another possible option would be to get a piece of galvanized iron pipe (plumbing pipe) slightly smaller than the pole that is able to slip down inside the remnant of the old pole inside the concrete, then slide a new pole over this piece. Kind of like an internal splice. This may or may not be as sturdy as going new. The big box stores all carry chain link poles and hardware.

As to who owns it, I would talk with the neighbor. If it's been there for longer than both of you have lived there maybe share the cost. Otherwise you would maybe need a survey to see whose property it sits on.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: