Did anyone remember to shut the light out?

Old 11-28-03, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile Did anyone remember to shut the light out?

Used to be there was a lot of shooting to be done around Thanksgiving & Christmas. Has ammo gone up so much that no one is shooting anymore?

Any Christmas wishes out there? Scopes & a new heavy barrel for your 223? Prices look good lower than in many years.

Marturo

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-03, 02:10 PM
SB
still shooting, just at things that go quack and things with horns on their heads

having a GREAT duck year so far...chasing bambi next week (yes, the rut is just getting going here in Texas).

i am wishing for a new .45 (cheapie...maybe tarus, cz, something like that)

new over/under..looking for a cheapie here too...probably a foreign brand..huglu, baikal, stoeger, something like that.

new light 20 auto...probably a montafeltro, browning gold, franchi, something like that.

Old 12-06-03, 01:34 PM
S
Hey Marturo...
Myself, I just don't seem to have the time to get out and shoot anymore. Work stacked up; wife writing honey doo's at a rate more prolific than Tom Clancey novels; kids in ball, band, scouts, choir and what else... It's been so long since I've been shooting I sat on the couch the other night trying to douse the cat with a water pistol confiscated from my youngest because he was trying to douse the cat.
I think I need to get out for a bit...
Dennis

Old 12-06-03, 04:30 PM
Smile Time keeps on ticking.

I know Dennis it seems the older we get the more that spare time eludes us. This was my reason for asking If anyone knew or Shot IDPA style Pistol shooting.

Seems inorder to get time to shoot I have to have a Reason to go to the range like RSO Duty. On Monday I met the guy who runs the IDPA Matches @ our indoor shooting range. It cost less to shoot these make believe shoots, than to just burn powder for 4 hrs.

One scene is you are sitting at a table eating Breakfast, & in bursts 2 bad guys armed. I have to find cover now & engauge the BGs, Dispatch them or escape is my only choice, then to spice it up, my unarmed Wife may have to be protected by me as well. The courses are never the same & it sounds like a great way to escape 1 or 2 evenings a Month, & come home with some good training.

I'm lucky to have both mild Winters & an indoor Range but maybe you do to. I guess shooting is like anything else, we can only try to fit in what we can in a 24 hour day .