taurus.22 lube?

Old 09-23-04, 12:05 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
taurus.22 lube?

I have recently acquired a taurus .22 handgun with 10 in the clip. It has only been shooting once in three years so it is very hard to ****. I have used a thin metal lube, but it barely helped any. Is there a a better greaser and how do I properly apply it? also, I was told I apply it directly on the clip to prevent jamming, is this true also? Thank You for any help
Rick

Old 09-23-04, 05:11 PM
Lubing

The first thing that came to mind when you said it was hard to ( ock was it the internals were gummy. I would take the grips off & get some good automotive brake cleaner spray with tube.

Wear a shield or safety glasses & spray into each opening & hole so it flushes down & out. Use those heavy gloves for dishwashing & work the action as you spray you should feel the parts loosen up. Spray the cylinder, ejector inside the chambers & bore also.

Set the pistol in the sun untill all the liquid has gone & now the action should work well with no sticky feel. There are a lot of gun oils but I find Rem-oil by Remington with teflon to be a good year round lubrecant. We lube to prevent wear not when a gun is dirty or gummy that takes cleaning first. A little oil goes a long way & to much just makes more gum & grime.

If you ever clean a Gun & it still has problems, it should be seen by a qualified Gunsmith.

PS: I believe you can go to http://www.taurususa.com/ & see if they have some good info on careing for your Handgun.

Old 09-23-04, 05:14 PM
W
thanks a lot and I will give that a try!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: