Do I need to clean the action?

Old 11-29-05, 06:23 AM
jlwman
Visiting Guest
Do I need to clean the action?

I recently acquired a Glenfield model 60 from my grandfather. It also had quite a few old 22LR rounds with it. I was going to shoot the rounds off to get rid of them, clean the rifle and put it up. When I looked inside the action it was so dirty that I wonder if I should clean it first. I cannot find anywhere that tells me how to clean the action...I don't know if I need to break down the gun completely to clean it or if I can clean the action without breaking the gun down. Any help would be great. Thanks!!!

Old 11-30-05, 05:05 AM
snapshotmd
Visiting Guest
Cleaning the action probably wouldn't hurt.

I'd get some gun degreaser, flush the action out, and regrease/oil it. Cleaning the action makes for a smoother trigger pull.

Old 12-13-05, 05:01 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
spray the action with a good healthy dose of wd40 and work it back and forth. Dont be stingy with the wd40 saok it if you have to and wipe of the excess with a rag. Repeat process several times until you get satisfactory working condition. Then swab the bore one or twice with a patch or a brush and some oil to get rid of any rust or dirt. Then go shootin.

Old 12-30-05, 11:32 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
As I recall, two screws is all it takes to remove the barrelled action from the stock. Then try butterfingers soak and flush idea.

Try to keep oil out of the wood stock.

Shoot Safe!
Shoot Often!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: