Colt .380 holster

Old 01-04-10, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Colt .380 holster

Ok...guys...help me out...

I have a Colt .380 Government Pocketlite. I'd really like to find a clip-on/paddle style holster that I could just grab it out of the drawer when my wife wants to go for a walk...or when I see the shady types casing the neighborhood (yeah...sometimes we have those...quite a few vacant rentals) and just want to make sure they know I'm watching.

I've seen a few (ProTec comes to mind)...but I'd prefer something molded...either a laminate or nylon..or even leather. The Protec just seems bulky and unmolded...also has a mag pouch which I really don't need.

Seems like I saw one a while back...but it was like $60...more than I'd like for the purpose.

Hoping someone knows a local guy or company...or has seen something online.

OH...and no ragging on the .380. I already have a holster for the .45...but its in the house...the .380 is in my garage workbench drawer.

Old 01-04-10, 03:47 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Vic, doesn't Uncle Mike's have a paddle back for your "squat to pee" pistol? I have one for my .45 like you in leather with a forward right hand kick. Great holster. Oh, sorry, I didn't see your "no ragging" request. Oh, well, too late.

Old 01-04-10, 04:09 PM
Group Moderator
Received 289 Votes on 252 Posts
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
"squat to pee" pistol?
Now that's just uncalled for!

I have a Uncle Mike's Sidekick Size 1 for my Bersa .380 pistol. Sucker fits like a glove. Check out some of the inside the pants holsters. They might fit the bill even if you put them outside.

BTW - nice looking gun! Is it stainless too?

Old 01-04-10, 04:44 PM
Yeah, that's a nice one!! I thought Mike's would have one. But wouldn't you have to buy a left handed inside the pants holster to carry outside on the right side? Just thinkin'

Old 01-04-10, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator
Nope...not stainless...blue steel and aluminum.

I think what I have now is a Sidekick...well...maybe not..had a shoulder for a Sidekick for my S&W...don't think its the same.

I won't dignify Larrys post with a response....lol. Not all of us live in the woods...

Besides...a hot .380 is as good as a .38...and those worked for what...50 yrs?

And remember the 1st rule of a gunfight...."have a gun!".

Old 01-04-10, 05:19 PM
I'm not feeling slighted Hey we don't get sunshine until 10am. Sunsets at 4pm.
Rule #2....have more than one gun.

Old 01-04-10, 07:52 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
have you checked out Galco?

They make reasonably priced leather holsters for many different guns.

Also, Fobus has some nylon (kydex??) holsters. I think Fobus are molded nylon.

Old 01-05-10, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator
Well...after some searching....still nothing! What I'd really like is something like the Bianchi Accumold 7500....but a little lower in price.

$50 for a very occasional use item...I'd stay with the one I have now first.

I did see some Press releases that companies are coming out with more holsters for the P238...and mine will fit that....so maybe I'll have to hold off a bit longer.

Aren't I the picky little $%!@%?

Old 01-05-10, 01:14 PM
Group Moderator
Received 289 Votes on 252 Posts
Maybe try Cheaper Than Dirt! Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter I just got their catalog and they have quite a few for good prices.

Old 01-05-10, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator
Thx TI...I forgot about them...don't get the catalogs anymore. The 7801 might work...

Possibly ...possibly....though what they have is kinda generic fit stuff...I'd like to get something thats molded..

Like I said...picky picky....

Old 01-06-10, 05:55 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 786 Votes on 723 Posts
Boy you are picky. This one is too hot. This one is too cold... Just don't let the bears come home and catch you trying on their holsters.

Old 01-12-10, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator
Well, think I'm going to go with a Bianchi Accumold paddle. It's really the only synthetic one I found that is molded to the gun And I know the quality will be good. I may see if any of the local places have a ProTech...but those look kind of generic and bulky. I doubt anyone will have the Accumold in stock..but maybe they'll have something close so I can get an idea.

After this its a hunt for something similar for my Astra A70....

Shame I didn't think of all this when I was living 30 miles from the Bianchi factory ...geeez.

Did find a new (to me) shop at the other end of town...well stocked and pretty big...though I wandered in and around for 20 min and out and not a single person even said "hey how ya doing". Do I STILL look like some sort of BATF agent? They had 3-4 bins of cheap used holsters...so may take the Astra there and look later.

The weather is starting to get a bit nicer and Wifey is talking about walking in the hills and doing some biking. May have to look for a used mid size revolver. Snakeshot doesn't work that well in auto's...lol..and I am not carrying 2 guns.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: