Air gun shooters ?

Old 02-26-12, 09:25 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Air gun shooters ?

Any air gun shooters on here ? I know they are not firearms, but the newer models can be purchased with large enough pellets and power, to almost compete with the.22 rinfire "long" cartridge.....

Depending on the price range and pellet propellant system used, they can be very accurate. I bought a .177 cal. rifle for back yard target shooting and rodents, its pretty neat to shoot and accurate too.

Old 02-26-12, 09:30 AM
Group Moderator
Received 915 Upvotes on 773 Posts
I picked up a Gamo air rifle at a show to take out some varmints around the house. It is a .177 break action (where you break it at the barrel to charge it) single shot. I was very impressed on the accuracy! and the duel colored fiber sites are wonderful.

Last edited by Tolyn Ironhand; 02-26-12 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-26-12, 09:50 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I got the Gamo Whisper break barrel. It took about 600 pellets to get it to quieten down and get broken in to where it would shoot consistent groups. I found the factory Gamo 3x-9x scope was toast, so I put a walmart $69.00 Centerpoint 4x-16x A.O. mildot scope on it. ...

The hardest thing for me was getting used to how the rifle liked to be held to shoot accurately. As a old hunter/ centerfire shooter, I was holding on to the rifle's forearm when shooting....

These springer AG's cannot have the forearm gripped,but just be "cradled" in the upward exposed palm and shot artillery style. The slamming forward and slamming back of the spring piston causes all kinds of weird vibrations in the rifle that affects the pellet's accuracy. Now that I know what I know about AR's, I wished I had got a fixed barrel sidelever.

Old 02-26-12, 11:17 AM
Group Moderator
Received 915 Upvotes on 773 Posts
These springer AG's cannot have the forearm gripped,but just be "cradled" in the upward exposed palm and shot artillery style. The slamming forward and slamming back of the spring piston causes all kinds of weird vibrations in the rifle that affects the pellet's accuracy.
That's a good tip! I will keep that in mind. Yeah, a side lever rifle would be nice.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: