The camels nose is under the tent

Old 02-18-15, 07:26 PM
Received 15 Votes on 13 Posts
The camels nose is under the tent

If you can't ban guns because of that pesky 2nd amendment, then figure out ways to ban the ammunition that the guns use. Pay attention people, your freedoms are being taken away.

A Pincer Movement on Ammunition | National Review Online

Is it 2016 yet that this nightmare can be over?

Z

Old 02-18-15, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Sorry...that guy doesn't know WTH he is talking about. Show me one bullet that is made of steel as he says?

And remove the stock on an AR? Well, sorry, you still have the buffer tube and a 16" barrel.

Sure, there are handguns in calibers like .45-70. They are expensive and unpleasant to shoot and are used by dedicated handgun hunters. .30-06? I dunno about that...crap it would break your wrist I would think?

I think he's just fearmongering.

Old 02-19-15, 04:27 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Thompson Center is about the only "handgun" I know of that can interchangeably use rifle ammo. As Vic says, it is pure torture to fire them, though. Not something to carry around in a firefight, especially since they are single shot. This guy is obviously a misinformed person trying to lead the uneducated masses over the cliff. As I always tell my wife, "look at the source publication" and deal with caution. There is a delete key.

Old 02-19-15, 05:39 AM
Received 15 Votes on 13 Posts
This was the second article I read in as many days discussing the banning of AR ammunition this time by the ATF. The basis for the ban being that a certain handgun can fire the same ammo - which can then be reclassified as "Armor Piercing" and fall under some act passed in 1968. So it doesn't matter if the handgun is torture to fire, the fact that it exists leads to a defacto ban on another unit.

Old 02-19-15, 05:53 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
From BenSwann.com a correction was issued to the popular .223 ban myth. It is the 5.56 ammo with green tip that has the BATFE's panties in a wad. No single shot, break open pistol is affected, like the Thompson. BUT, as you say, if it is banned from one weapon, then all are affected.

Old 02-19-15, 09:50 AM
G
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Those steel bullets described in the article are real and VERY commonplace. That's what makes the proposed ban on M855 so disturbing to owners of rifles chambered for it (5.56/.223)--it's the cheapest rifle ammo out there and a main reason I finally bought an AR-15 after years of shrugging them off as "useless". Bottom line is an AR-15 is fun and cheap to shoot. Bonus that the 5.56 is also a very effective round on varmints and the AR-15 is more than accurate enough.

Targeting the cheapest type of ammo also hits the hoarders right where they live. I'm sure that's an intended consequence of the proposed ban.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: