ruger mkll

Old 01-21-16, 07:02 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ruger mkll

My pistol is shooting low and to the left about 6" from 50' away. The front sight is stationary. I think I can tap on the rear sight to align the sight, I think. Any thoughts? thx.

Old 01-21-16, 07:35 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 97 Votes on 85 Posts
Someone else has possession of mine at the moment using it to teach his new wife how to shoot but AFAIK you are correct.

That said, have you had someone else fire the weapon to ensure it's not just a glitch in your process?

Old 01-21-16, 07:48 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply. As for the shooter, I shot about 20 rounds and they all are in a group. I hope it is not me. If it is, the squirrel population is going to explode around here!

Old 01-21-16, 10:16 AM
G
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I can understand something getting knocked an inch out at that range but for both windage & elevation to be off that much could be a sign of serious damage. Might want to have a gunsmith look it over.

Old 01-21-16, 10:24 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 750 Votes on 689 Posts
Do a search online for "pistol shooting low and left" and you will see there are several technique errors that can cause it. I don't totally agree with charts like this but they can help point you in the right direction or at least educate as to how a technique problem can cause a gun to repeatedly shoot in one particular direction.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: