Pistol IWB Holster

Old 02-02-22, 02:01 PM
M
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Pistol IWB Holster

I just picked up a Kahr TP9-2 pistol, which has an accessory rail. I've been having difficulty finding an IWB holster for it. Out of the two I've purchased thus far (one leather and one fabric) it fits in one of them (the fabric one), but the front sight gets hung up on the holster when pulling it out, which obviously isn't good. Is there a particular brand of IWB that is geared more towards this type of gun? The brand of both holsters is Maxx Carry.

Old 02-02-22, 06:40 PM
M
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
I'm going to give this holster from Alien Gear a try. Looks like it will work better since it has a closed end.

Old 02-02-22, 08:07 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,182 Likes on 1,140 Posts
If it works, great. That said, that's a hybrid holster and they generally have poor reviews since the leather stretches in time but the kydex does not.

The following users liked this post:
Old 02-03-22, 06:04 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,702 Likes on 1,521 Posts
I have had very good luck with leather & Kydex holsters. In my case they've actually fit better as they age and the leather (horse hide) take the shape of the gun and curve of your body. One thing I don't like about the holster in your photo is that the base against your body appears to be a stitched together synthetic. The piping around the perimeter may catch when you try to draw. I prefer holsters that use a thick piece of horse hide as it's very durable, breathes, retains the gun very well yet draws easy with nothing to catch or snag. I would consider something like a Crossbreed Super Tuck IWB with horse hide.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: