Wood burning fireplace

Old 01-05-03, 07:41 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Wood burning fireplace


Just a quick question . I have a woodburning fireplace, its all real brick..

My house is air tight and fireplace needs more air , i had a contractor come out and he said it needs a vent . So he suggested what they do is, put a 4 inch hole in the outside of the fireplace and we can open and close the vent ..

My question is can this be something we can do ourselves or does this have to be done by a professional ??? i was thinking that maybe home depot or some other store might have a machine that does this ?? just asking ???

Thanks for any info

Old 01-05-03, 08:03 PM
Doug Aleshire's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 4,455
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I would let them do it since they have the tools and know what is required by code. For the expense, it is well worth it! Iknow..you have to spend some money but better being done right than making a mistake in the process.

Hope this helps!

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: