venting stoves

Old 11-04-03, 09:33 AM
mlmiller49
Visiting Guest
venting stoves

I'm in the process of purchasing a free standing pellet stove. What do I need to know about venting it? I have a flat foam roof on a wood frame stucco house. It will be in front of a window. Can I vent through the window by replacing a glass pane with something? Thanks,
Mike

Old 11-05-03, 09:38 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
smoke pipe

You can replace the pain with a piece of sheet metal go out the window and up over the top of roof by 2'. ED

Old 11-08-03, 07:11 AM
rroadman
Visiting Guest
Venting The Stove!

If you are just buying the stove and it is from a dealer, they should be able to provide you with everything you need, including getting you something fabricated for the window (if they are a full service dealer with installers). If they don't know what you need, I would look for a dealer that knows their product and what it takes to do the job correctly and safely. There are thru the wall kits that may adapt to your needs.

Old 11-13-03, 02:57 PM
jeffy
Visiting Guest
pellet stoves

some pellet stoves are power vented so you may be able to get one that does not need to go three feet above a flat roof.
you may want to frame in the window and finish it, leaving only a hole large enough to accomidate the vent pipe plus any clearances to combustables that the pipe needs, with a firestop spacer on both sides(sheet metal to cover hole with vent through it). any manual that comes with the stove should give you all the details you need to install the vent pipe
your local dealer should be able to help you
good luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: