Anyone know of Wells Fireplace?

Old 01-26-04, 11:54 AM
dougg
Visiting Guest
Anyone know of Wells Fireplace?

My house has a Wells fireplace.
It is quite unique, it has a large firebox and a rectangular chimney that is *metal lined*. The chimney is like 36 x 6 located in the back of the firebox. The bottom of the firebox has angle iron grates with the corners up. This fire place has two rectangle vents on top (same size as the chimney). It has two glass doors on front. This fire place is quite affective at heating the whole house. But it burns wood VERY fast! I have to reload it about every 30-45min.

The problem I am having is that the glass in the doors keeps breaking. I put in tempered glass from the glass shop and it still breaks. I could take the next step and go with the very expensive NeoCeram glass, but it will cost me like $250 for it.

Is neoCeram that much better?

I have been trying to find information on this fireplace. The only thing I found on the web was a picture of someone else that has it.

Does anyone have any know anything about these fireplaces?

I am also considering getting an stove insert, But I think I will have problems with the unique fireplace.

Thanks for any help!

Doug

Last edited by dougg; 01-26-04 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-03-04, 09:19 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
dougg,

Might be best to call your local fireplace dealer and ask about it. If you can try and find some numbers on the unit that they can reference to.

Good Luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: