Estimate on Chimney Liner / "B" line work

Old 08-11-04, 07:06 PM
spareja
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Estimate on Chimney Liner / "B" line work

Hello All,

I just had a masoner come over to my home to give me an estimate for a liner for my chimney as my local gas company told me last year that it looked like debry was forming at the bottom of the inside portion of the chimney and that possible "CO" could be leaking out. The contractor quoted me $1,200 to install a liner. I have a gas waterheater and furnace.

He tells me that the liner is too big/wide and won't fit correctly inside the chimney and that the only alternatives I have is to A) Tear down the chimney and rebuild it. B) Seal off the hole in the chimney were the exhaust for the waterheater & furnace run to and build a "B" line coming out of the basement wall towards the outside of the house running up the siding towards the roof of the house.

In the estimate to do this "B" line, he also said that he would seal off the top of chimney. Total price $1,500.00.

Do these options sound legit and do the prices look acceptable?

Thanks
Steve

Old 08-14-04, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

I would get 3 more bids for this job for sure. Im not there but I dont see why they cant just pull a new SS liner right in the old flue for just a furnace and water heater. Call around there .

ED

Old 08-20-04, 08:59 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Seek your estimates from vendors who service and install heating appliances, they will be familiar with local codes regarding "manifolding" of appliance exhaust, or if individual exhaust vents are required.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: